Encore Boston Harbor and its parent company Wynn Resorts will present its development plans to the Massachusetts Gaming Commission next week.
“After postponing their January briefing to the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), Wynn Resorts is now ready to present its scaled-back plan to develop land near Encore Boston Harbor, in Everett.”
As reported by Focus Gaming News, last month, Joe Delaney, the Gaming Commission’s chief of community affairs, was prepared to brief commissioners on a plan that was set to include a 1,800-seat entertainment venue, about 20,000 square feet of restaurant space and a garage with about 2,200 spaces.
However, Wynn decided to pause the permitting process to “do some reevaluation” on whether the development as proposed is the best use for the site.
Delaney said this week that Jacqui Krum, Encore Boston Harbor’s senior vice president and general counsel, had told him the casino company was now “ready to go.”
He said Krum indicated that Wynn had reduced the planed size of the entertainment venue, to under 1,000 seats.
The presentation will take place on February 10. At the pitch, there will also be a commission staff report and a question-and-answer period for commissioners. Later in February, a public hearing will allow community members to present verbal testimony on the development. A commission decision is expected in March.
Source: Focus Gaming News