Paradise City, a foreigner-only integrated resort located in Incheon, South Korea, says it will remain open despite being informed by authorities over the weekend that a guest who stayed in the hotel on 22 July has since tested positive to COVID-19.
The news, posted on the Paradise City website on Monday, comes amid yet another outbreak of COVID-19 across the country, which has prompted authorities to raise the national alert level to the highest possible Level 4 for the Seoul Capital Area, including Incheon, and to Level 3 for most other areas of the country.
Daily COVID cases have soared back above 1,000 in the past week, with South Korea reporting 1,318 new cases on Monday – many of them said to be the highly contagious Delta strain.
Nevertheless, Paradise City – a joint venture between Paradise Co and Japan’s Sega Sammy Holdings – said Monday that epidemiological investigation had been conducted of its premises by quarantine authorities, and that there are “no problems in using [our] hotels and resorts as we carry out additional specialized quarantine work in close cooperation with the quarantine authorities to ensure the safety of customers and employees and prevent the spread of infection.”
The company said it had thoroughly followed quarantine guidelines.
Source: Inside Asian Gaming